Most PTSAs get asked “Why should I join my school’s PTSA?”. The National PTA has been serving children for over 100 years and it is the defining organization for parent involvement! Joining the AFHS PTSA helps us provide programs and events for our staff, students and families like; grants, health and wellness, cultural arts, college prep events, student recognition, staff appreciation and so much more. Some other great reasons for joining the AFHS PTSA:
- Benefit your child-The number one reason to join PTA is to benefit your child and in doing so support your school.
- Discover great resources– The PTA provides a variety of programs for parents and students from homework, education in arts, bullying prevention, child health, and much more.
- Being a role model– You’ll demonstrate to your child the importance you place on education.
- Getting connected and being in the know– Being a member of PTA keeps you up to date with what is happening in your school and how you can support your child’s education.
- PTA Member benefits– Individuals can take advantage of PTA membership benefits including special offers and discounts, free e-learning courses, monthly e-newsletters, training and workshops, magazine subscription discounts, and much more.
- Tap into a network– PTA functions connect you to other parents and teachers. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Speak up– Being a member of your PTA can help you effectively suggest change at your child’s school and in your community.
- Watch yourself grow and hone your skills– By volunteering with your PTA, you can put your skills to use for a noble cause.
Leah Williams-AFHS PTSA President 2016-17